Terms & Conditions
At Restore Motion Physiotherapy Greenslopes, we aim to provide you with a high standard of professional, friendly and quality service so you can achieve the best possible results. To achieve this, we also require commitment from you. Take the time to read all our Terms and Conditions so that that there is open and clear communication and understanding regarding what is expected from you by using our services.
Our professional recommendations are based on the information provided by you and other medical and health professionals involved in your care; the physiotherapy examination and any specific goals determined by you and the physiotherapist/s. It is important to understand our Terms and Conditions and for you to acknowledge that ultimately, it is your responsibility to follow our advice and avoid situations that may aggravate your condition. We acknowledge an infinite number of variables can impact on the outcomes of any treatment program.
We are confident that if you follow our recommendations and any additional advice following further assessments and investigations that may occur throughout the term of your treatment, we can help you to achieve exceptional results.
Physio appointments are made to help you achieve your goals and treatment success. Please respect our time as we respect yours.
By providing us with notice if you are unable to attend your appointment, it will provide an opportunity to offer the appointment to other clients from our waiting list or those requiring emergency physiotherapy.
Last minute cancellations and clients not attending their allocated appointment times can negatively affect your treatment progress. It can also have an impact on the physio and clients who may be in need of an appointment as well as impact our waiting list.
Reminder emails and SMS texts are a proactive approach on our behalf; however, we still ask that you record your appointment elsewhere as this service may not always be reliable. If you need to cancel your appointment, please call the clinic on 33941434 and leave a message if there is no answer or if it is outside of business hours.
The cancellation policy will apply if:
You cancel your allocated appointment time with less than 12 hours notice, or
you fail to attend your allocated appointment time.
Failing to attend or notify within the 12 hours will incur a fee of $95.
This is applicable to all patients and is not claimable on your health fund, it cannot be bulk billed through Medicare and it cannot be claimable by other third parties including WorkCover, insurance or other.
Further appointments will not be booked until outstanding cancellation fee has been paid.
We greatly appreciate your support and understanding of our policy and value your questions should you have any.
We would like to avoid applying a cancellation fee – your co-operation would be greatly appreciated
Late and Missed Appointments
If you arrive late to an appointment, but within your allocated time slot, you may receive a shorter consultation in an effort to not inconvenience other clients after you. However, if you either arrive after or entirely miss an appointment, you will be charged the consultation fee in full. If you miss your appointment and call to reschedule, you will be required to pay for the missed appointment prior to booking any further appointment dates.
Late arrivals or missed appointments prevent those on the waiting list or those who require urgent physiotherapy treatment from getting an appointment and inconvenience both the physiotherapists and other clients waiting.
Consent to Treatment
You hereby request and give consent to our therapists to perform all necessary examinations, manipulations, mobilisations, and other physiotherapy techniques including taping, dry needling, electrotherapy, soft tissue release, rehabilitation and medical diagnostic procedures in accordance with their professional training and understanding of your injury.
You understand that you have an opportunity to discuss with your therapist, the nature and purpose of your physiotherapy care before any treatment is performed.
You acknowledge and accept the following:
- Physiotherapy treatment is physical in nature and may require you to disrobe however singlet tops or shorts may be available
- You have the right to see the physiotherapist of your choice, refuse intervention or seek a further opinion and to provide feedback and make a complaint.
- The adverse risks associated with treatment, including stiffness and soreness, soft tissue injury, neurological complications, cerebrovascular injuries, skin irritations from taping methods, burns and other minor complications.
- The probability of risk is lowered by screening procedures performed during the assessment and reassessment.
- Other treatment options exist if the risk of physiotherapy is considered to be high, including medication, medical care, hospitalisation and surgery.
- The risk of remaining untreated includes the formation of adhesions in tissue, scar tissue and other degenerative changes. These changes can further reduce skeletal mobility, and induce chronic pain cycles. It is quite probable that delay of treatment will complicate the condition and make future rehabilitation more difficult.
- Many of our clients receive physiotherapy without referral from another health practitioner e.g. GP however should you have a referral or scan results please provide this to your physiotherapist to ensure there is continuity of care.
Consent to Obtain and Release Information
To ensure that we are able to provide the best level of care we may be required to obtain and/or release information regarding your medical condition with other treating practitioners, rehabilitation, consultants, case managers, insurance companies, employers and others involved in your treatment or claim.
By signing this Client Contract, you give permission for representatives of Restore Motion Physiotherapy practitioners to exchange such information regarding injuries sustained and any significant past medical history, with those people deemed necessary by Restore Motion Physiotherapy
Accounts and Billing
- It is expected that all fees are paid in full at the time of consultation.
- We accept cash, EFTPOS, credit cards and offer electronic health rebates (via HICAPS) for your convenience. However, in the event of electronic network failure, full payment is still required on the day of consultation (electronic fund transfer may be used in these circumstances).
- Those who feel they cannot comply with our strict billing methods, or wish to be given special consideration, please feel welcome to put your request in writing and address it to the Practice Director.
- Please understand that our strict billing methods allow equality of service to all clients, and serve to raise the already high standard of care we can offer you. Our intention is not to exclude anyone from being able to access our physiotherapy services. We have never denied anyone the benefits of physiotherapy care because of their inability to pay our published fees. We understand that there may be financial hardship that requires individual consideration, please put your request in writing to the Practice Director.
- This practice is committed to protecting your privacy and your personal information is generally only disclosed to other members of your medical team where necessary.
- The personal and health information you provide during your consultation and subsequent treatment will be collected for the primary purpose of providing high quality health care.
- Where required by law or if necessary for debt collection reasons, your personal information will be disclosed.
- Restore Motion Physiotherapy uses SMS and/or email communication to remind you of your upcoming appointments.
- From time to time we may send you information regarding news, events or other at Restore Motion Physiotherapy via a number of possible ways including: post, email, telephone call or SMS.
- Reasons we may contact you include:
To administer accounts and process payments.
• To communicate with you regarding any issues affecting your treatment.
• Provide information on services and benefits available to Clients.
• To notify Clients of promotions and events.
• Appointment Reminders.
• Appointment Follow Up calls
• Marketing and promotional material about new products, services or special offers.
• Periodic Newsletters.
• Practice Updates.
• Market research or surveys to improve our products and services.
- Should you wish not to receive such communications or our convenient SMS appointment reminders please advise our staff in writing or reply via email or SMS.
- Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is considered consent to receive such communications as outlined above however you may opt out at any time.
Exclusion of Liability
The Practice Director and employees of this Practice shall not be liable for, nor shall they accept any responsibility for any injury, loss or damage sustained by any person or persons arising out of any of the treatments or procedures delivered in this Practice which does not arise from any negligent act or omission of the Practice Director and employees.
Use of this website.
No client-therapist relationship created
Receipt or transmission by you of any material accessible via this website is not intended to create a client-therapist relationship between you and Restore Motion Physiotherapy.
Links to third party sites
Links to third party sites may be contained on this website for convenience. Restore Motion Physiotherapy makes no representation or warranty regarding the availability, privacy practices, content or ownership of these sites, and takes no responsibility for the consequences of accessing, viewing or relying on those websites. The provision of a link to a third party site should not be construed as implying any control over, approval, relationship or endorsement of the third party site, its content or its owners. You must not link a third party site to this website without our prior written consent.
Restore Motion Physiotherapy makes this website available on an “as is” basis and excludes all implied conditions and warranties with respect to this website and its content except to the extent that such an exclusion would contravene any applicable law.
Without limiting the above paragraph, Restore Motion Physiotherapy makes no warranties that this website or its content is error-free, free of computer viruses or other contamination which may damage your computer or data, or that it will be available on a continuous basis. You are responsible for ensuring that your use of the website does not expose you to viruses or other forms of interference.
You indemnify Restore Motion Physiotherapy for all expense, damage, cost or loss (including legal costs) that arise out of or in connection with your access or use of this website, including in relation to any information you publish or post on this website or transmit via this website.
If you have any queries about these Terms and Conditions, please contact:
Restore Motion Physiotherapy
Attention: Louise McDonnell
Address: 634 Logan Road Greenslopes
Phone: (07) 3394 1434